INTERMEDIATE ENGINEER – VANCOUVER, BC
Post Date: July 05, 2022
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Vancouver, BC
Equilibrium Consulting Inc. is an award-winning mid-sized consulting Structural Engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Equilibrium was founded in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, particularly those utilizing timber construction.
With our head office in Vancouver, we have ambitious plans for the future and have recently started expansion into the United States and France. We strive to have an open and collaborative culture that fosters creativity and provides opportunities for our employees.
Current projects in design include advanced technology buildings in Silicon Valley, high tech office buildings in France and aquatic centres, schools, museums and libraries in Canada.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Intermediate Structural Engineer to work on exciting, innovative and award-winning projects as part of our team in Vancouver, BC.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Perform structural analysis and develop designs from concept through construction under the supervision of the senior design team and Principal.
– Communicate your designs to our drafting team and coordinate the development of structural BIM models and drawings.
– Have active involvement in design coordination with other consultants, contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders for your projects.
– Participate in focus groups seeking to push the boundaries of sustainable design, develop company technical tools and standards, and promote a healthy office culture.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a Civil/Structural Engineering program required. Master’s degree preferred.
– P.Eng License (or equivalent) or ability to obtain licensure within 12 months of starting the role.
– Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
– Be interested in mass timber. Mass timber experience is a bonus.
– Care about the planet and strive to find ways to lower our impact on the environment through the designs we produce.
– Basic familiarity with Canadian or US design codes, or a burning desire to learn them
– Seismic analysis and design experience an asset.
– Quality written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience with structural analysis software such as RFEM, RSTAB, ETABS, GSA, Tedds, RAM etc.
– Valid work status in Canada.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
– Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
– Performance bonuses.
– Retirement savings plan matching.
– Extended health benefits contribution.
– Healthy and flexible vacation policy.
– Annual adventure bonus (please ask about this).
– Pet-friendly office environment.
– Personal wellbeing and health support, including in-office fitness classes each week and use of our in-house climbing / bouldering wall!
All applicants should submit a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.