Jobs – Intermediate or Senior BIM Technician/Technologist – Vancouver, BC
Posted on 07.05.00
INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR BIM TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST – VANCOUVER, BC
Post Date: January 26, 2023
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Vancouver, BC
Equilibrium Consulting Inc. is an award-winning mid-sized consulting Structural Engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Equilibrium was founded in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, particularly those utilizing timber construction.
With our head office in Vancouver, we have ambitious plans for the future and have recently started expansion into the United States and France. We strive to have an open and collaborative culture that fosters creativity and provides opportunities for our employees.
Current projects in design include advanced technology buildings in Silicon Valley, high tech office buildings in France and aquatic centres, schools, museums and libraries in Canada.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Intermediate or Senior BIM Technician/Technologist to work on exciting, innovative and award-winning projects as part of our team in Vancouver, BC.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Responsible for creating and organizing drawings and BIM models for medium to large projects.
– Production of drawing sets based on sketches and direction from the design engineers.
– Interpretation and coordination of drawings from other disciplines.
– Understand and implement office CAD/BIM standards.
– Working directly with the project and design engineers to coordinate and organize all aspects of the drawings.
– Creation of 3D fabrication-ready models for mass timber elements in Cadwork
– Diploma or certificate in Structural CAD Drafting or Engineering Design.
– Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
– 2-10+ years of experience in a similar role.
– Be able to produce accurate and detailed drawings, demonstrate exception organizational skills, and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
– Experience creating fabrication-level models in Cadwork, hsbcad, Tekla, or similar is an asset.
– Technologist designation an asset.
– Quality written and verbal communication skills.
– Valid work status in Canada.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
– Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
– Performance bonuses.
– Retirement savings plan matching.
– Extended health benefits contribution.
– Healthy and flexible vacation policy.
– Annual adventure bonus (ask us about this).
– Pet-friendly office environment.
– Personal wellbeing and health support, including in-office fitness classes each week and use of our in-house climbing / bouldering wall!
All applicants should submit a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.