INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR ENGINEER – ATLANTA
Post Date: September 16, 2022
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Atlanta, GA (Remote US position may be considered for the right applicant)
Equilibrium Consulting Inc. is an award-winning mid-sized consulting Structural Engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Equilibrium was founded in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, particularly those utilizing timber construction.
With our head office in Vancouver, Canada, we have ambitious plans for the future and have recently started expansion into the United States and France. We strive to have an open and collaborative culture that fosters creativity and provides opportunities for our employees.
We have several projects in design across the US including advanced technology buildings in Silicon Valley, commercial towers in the Midwest and a residential project in Texas, all utilizing mass timber.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious structural engineer with 3+ years of experience to join our growing team in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Perform structural analysis and develop designs from concept through construction with the support of your team and under the supervision of the senior design team and Principal.
– Communicate your designs to our drafting team and coordinate the development of structural BIM models and drawings.
– Manage your own projects and work as part of a wider team on larger projects.
– Have active involvement in design coordination with other consultants, contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders for your projects.
– Participate in focus groups seeking to push the boundaries of sustainable design, develop company technical tools and standards, and promote a healthy office culture.
– An opportunity to be involved with business development and help grow the Atlanta office and US operations.
– Exact responsibilities will be dependent on experience level.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a Civil/Structural Engineering program required. Master’s degree preferred.
– Licensed Engineer in the US (PE or SE) or ability to gain license within 12 months of starting the role.
– Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
– Be interested in mass timber. Mass timber experience a bonus.
– Care about the planet and strive to find ways to lower our impact on the environment through the designs we produce.
– Familiarity with US design codes, or a burning desire to learn them.
– Seismic analysis and design experience an asset.
– Quality written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience with structural analysis software such as RFEM, RSTAB, ETABS, GSA, Tedds, RAM etc.
– Valid work status in the US.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
– Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
– Performance bonuses.
– Retirement savings plan.
– Health benefits.
– Healthy and flexible vacation policy.
– Annual adventure bonus (ask us about this).
– Continuing education allowance.
All applicants should submit a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.