INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR ENGINEER – ATLANTA
Post Date: January 14, 2022
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Atlanta, GA
Equilibrium Consulting Inc. is an award-winning mid-sized consulting structural engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Eric Karsh founded the practice in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, particularly those utilizing timber construction.
Equilibrium was until recently owned by Katerra, a US based construction start-up, with Eric regaining full control of the company in August. With our head office in Vancouver, we have ambitious plans for the future and have recently started expansion into the United States and France. We strive to have an open and collaborative culture that fosters creativity and provides opportunities for our employees.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious structural engineer with about 4-8 years of experience to help us plant our flag in the southeast as we start to grow the team in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Undertaking structural design on exciting, innovative and award-winning projects – (focusing on Timber buildings).
– Collaborating with fantastic architects
– Learning every day
– Innovating and pushing boundaries
– An opportunity to get involved with business development and help grow the Atlanta office.
– Must be motivated, creative, curious, and pleasant to work with
– Must be organized and efficient (but not afraid to get into the weeds)
– Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
– Licensed Engineer in the US (PE or SE).
– Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a similar role.
– Must be interested in mass timber. Mass timber experience a bonus.
– Must care about the planet and strive to find ways to lower our impact
– Valid work status in the US
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative and fun, open-office environment.
All applicants should submit a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.